Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My life's story

If I am lucky enough to do something of enough significance to get a mention in a history course or just to get some place in history, I would like my life's story to be told as a song rather than facts in a text book. I would not want my life's story to be something students are forced to swallow and regurgitate. Rather I want my life's story to be told in a way that maybe other people can relate to, whereas in a textbook, most people have nothing in common. Also in a textbook, my life would be summed up in at max a paragraph. I am maybe a little biased, but I would like to think that my life is a little more complex than to be able to be written in one paragraph. Maybe some facts are lost along the way, and maybe that people put their own bias into the song, but I would want to be more than a name and a birth date in a textbook. The other issues do not concern me, and because songs are more entertaining, whereas textbooks are forced onto students, I would choose songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment